AMG VanadiumMuskingum County Facility
Site Work Progresses at AMG Vanadium’s Zanesville Plant
The Need for Expansion
Our expansion is driven by growth in spent catalyst generation and increased demand for processing of resid spent catalyst. Refineries must upgrade their “bottom of the barrel” crude to ensure compliance with the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) sulfur emission standards which go into effect in 2020.
Widely acclaimed by global refineries as the gold standard in the spent catalyst reclamation industry, our pyrometallurgical process contains no wastewater, has the industry’s lowest air, water, and solid waste emissions, and has the highest industry conversion to saleable products ratio.
Our new spent catalyst recycling and ferroalloy production plant will be located in the Eastpointe Business Park in Washington Township, Muskingum County, Ohio. This location is approximately 25 miles west of the existing Guernsey County facility which will remain our company’s headquarters.
The new facility will be similar to our existing plant, which has successfully operated in the Cambridge area since 1952. A new roasting and ferroalloy production facility will enable us to essentially double our resid spent catalyst recycling capacity and annual ferrovanadium and ferronickel-molybdenum production.
The new facility will create approximately 100 new production and management jobs in addition to more than 500 temporary jobs during construction. For more information on jobs, visit: amg-v.com/careers.html
View Our New Site Concept
- We are widely acclaimed by global refineries as the industry leading spent catalyst recycler and have recycled more than 300,000 tons of spent catalyst since the early 2000’s.
- At AMG Vanadium’s Cambridge plant, raw materials and production mitigate almost 240,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually compared to a primary mining and processing operation.
- We are the largest domestic producer of ferrovanadium, making southeastern Ohio the vanadium capital of the United States.
- Nearly 90% of global vanadium production is used as a microalloy in the production of high strength steels.
- Our ferrovanadium product improves the strength and durability of steel by as much as 40% and is used in high strength low alloy carbon steel applications including bridges, automobiles, rebar and much more.
- Our ferronickel-molybdenum products can be found in stainless-steel applications including kitchen appliances such as your refrigerator and dishwasher.
- Our Cambridge plant has over 100 acres of naturally developed and engineered wetlands.
First Phase Complete
(Raw Material Storage Building &
Multiple- Hearth Roaster)
News and related articles
October 17, 2019
September 26, 2019
August 8, 2019
August 7, 2019
June 27, 2019
AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V. Successfully Prices $307.2 Million Of Tax-Exempt Bonds, Generating $325 Million In Proceeds
June 19, 2019
June 14, 2019
AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V. Receives Approval from the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority to Issue Tax-Exempt Bonds and Updates Capital Markets on Recent Events
May 21, 2019
October 16, 2018
AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V. Completes Feasibility Study To Expand Spent Catalyst Processing Capacity
April 10, 2018
February 21, 2018
AMG Business Units